- An Emacs editor biased towards UNIX users, working across platforms by providing a consistent interface under UNIX, Microsoft Windows '95/'98/NT and DOS operating systems.
- Fully featured editor, retaining the lightness of the original MicroEmacs 3.8 with much enhanced capability.
- Small memory and disk footprint.
- A much enhanced version of the Danial Lawrence's original MicroEmacs 3.8
It is stressed that although Danial Lawrence's 3.8 version was used as a base, he has had no involvement in the development of this distribution.
- To avoid any confusion with the original MicroEmacs, this distribution should be referred to as the JASSPA distribution.